Who I Am
My name is David Flemström, and I am currently situated in Stockholm, Sweden.
What I do
I’m currently working as a Staff Engineer at Spotify building content metadata things.
I am an avid technology enthusiast. Technology subjects that I care a lot about
- Development of scalable high-performance backend services; especially tuning Java
programs to their extremes.
- Programming languages; understanding them from the ground up, and their ins and
- Purely functional programming such as using Haskell.
- Low level/embedded high-performance programs using Rust/C/C++.
- Modern FRP-style web development in the style of React+Redux and leveraging
technologies like WebAssembly for event-driven cross-language interop.
In my spare time, I do a lot of rock climbing, singing and playing music, cooking,
plant growing, and discussing philosophy with unsuspecting passers-by.